If I Am Unable To work?


What Happens When You Can't Work?


If you are unable to work due to accident or illness, insurance can enable you to continue to meet monthly bills or cover large capital expenses, such as adjustments required to your home as a result of disability. While your savings, investments or pension fund may offer some peace of mind, an over-reliance on such capital sums can lead to an insecure financial future.

Your employer may provide sick pay for a set length of time, but what happens when that stops? Income protection cover pays out a tax-free monthly benefit if you are unable to work due to accident or illness.

If you suffer from a sudden illness, such as a heart attack or cancer, critical illness cover pays out a tax-free lump sum. The lump sum benefit can be used to pay off capital debt, such as mortgages, or used to fund home improvements required as a result of the illness. Alternatively, the lump sum could simply be used to help you and your family through a difficult period of time.

At John Lamb Insurance Broking, our experts will advise you on the most suitable cover to provide you and your family with financial freedom when the unthinkable happens.

Please get in touch if you would like to speak to us about arranging an insurance policy to protect you and your family by emailing contactus@jlib.co.uk or calling 020 7633 2222.